How to Handle a Storm
How to Plan for a Disaster or Storm
No one likes to think about the possibility of a long-term power outage however our power grids are more delicate than we think. It can be scary and a bit overwhelming when you know a storm is coming. Making sure your insurance is adequate is an important concept to think about before any storm hits and not wait until after! Learn where your safety shut offs are including power, gas and water ask us about our free Emergency Ready Plan service! Remove any tree branches or other dangers close to your home. Check your roof and gutters to make sure they are clear of any extra brush.
A preparing checklist:
- Be aware of the local weather alerts
- Tuck away anything away that could blow away or become loose due to high winds to a secure safe place
- Create an emergency plan: know where to go or where to stay & write down emergency phone numbers, SERVPRO of Biddeford – Saco is here for you!
- Prepare an emergency kit including plenty of water, non-perishable foods, flashlights, batteries, blankets and a First Aid Kit.
What to Do After Storm Damage
There are many important steps to take to be sure your home is safe. The cleanup and storm restoration process can involve:
- Assess the damage
- Document and take photos for which can be handy to send to your insurance company
- A visit from the insurance adjuster may be warranted
- Call SERVPRO of Biddeford – Saco!
How Do We Restore?
After a storm, there’s often water damage. What we do is remove the water from either the home or business. We then mitigate the damage by drying the area using our powerful equipment. We then remove any damaged materials if any. We finish by sanitizing the area and damaged materials are replaced.
What Happens to Damaged Items?
If you have damaged items due to the storm, you often wonder will I have to throw everything away. SERVPRO of Biddeford – Saco can often save items by mitigating. Items such as rugs, clothes, and other items made of cloth of fabric can be cleaned and restored if there is no presence of mold growth. In the unfortunate event, items can be restored they are often replaced!
We want you to be as prepared as possible for any kind of storm. So if you need restoration is can be as easy as possible!