Returning Hotel Rooms Clean and Odor Free
SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco Remedies Odor Problems in Hospitality Establishments
As a hospitality and lodging provider, you want your guests to be comfortable during their stay. This includes ensuring your guests that their environment is free of the odors and residues associated with cigarettes.
SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco help eliminate exposure to the harmful effects of third-hand-smoke — the residual, carcinogenic components of tobacco smoke that can linger on carpets, walls and other room surfaces long after smoking has actually occurred. Our IICRC-certified Cleaning and Odor Control Technicians have the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors.
Nicotine Cleanup and Odor Removal
Upon arrival, SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco team members will assess the room or rooms that need cleaning and odor removal. Although it may seem that the odor is only in the air, we search for additional sources. Furnishings and carpeting can attract and hold the tiny particles of ash, tar, and other substances that are incompletely burned. We start with a thorough cleaning, including the upholstery and carpet, using our commercial-strength steam extractors and professional cleaning products.
In addition, nicotine and other substances can stain walls and emit smells. Our crews will wash the walls with appropriate cleaners and may even suggest repainting the walls and sealing wooden portions of furnishings and headboards to trap any odor lingering beneath these surfaces. Oftentimes, each room has a separate heating and cooling system, so we inspect and clean the vents and any ductwork to prevent the smoke smells from recirculating.
SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco can also eliminate odors by changing the chemical composition of the minute particles floating in the air and embedded in surfaces and fixtures. One option is thermal fogging, a process where air cleaners combust in a heated chamber and then bond with and render any airborne particles odor-free. Other resources include hydroxyl generators and other oxygenation systems. Hydroxyl generators use a form of UV light that creates the hydroxyl radicals, which then react with solid pollutants like cigarette smoke and help destroy them. These processes eliminate the odors, not just cover them up like most air fresheners.
For your hotel to be profitable, you want as many rooms as possible to be available to your guests. Help ensure your guests’ comfort by calling SERVPRO of Biddeford – Saco at (207)-283-4428.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco & The Sebago Lakes Region?
As a locally owned and operated franchise, SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco understands the importance of a clean and fully functioning commercial property. We believe a building’s appearance is often its first impression, and take our commercial services very seriously. Whether you require professional cleaning and deodorization to make your business look and smell its best, water remediation following an emergency, mold remediation to prevent health effects, or a disaster recovery team, we have the training and expertise to minimize loss of productivity and make it “Like it never even happened.”
The Higher Standard of Clean We Can Deliver To Keep You & Your Customers Safe
When Our Logo in on Your Door, Your Commitment to Clean is Clear
When Our Logo is on Your Door, Your Commitment to Clean is Clear
Getting back to business relies on getting your customers back through your doors - it will only happen if they feel safe and secure in your space. Since COVID-19 has changed what it means to be clean we understand that 40% of consumers are citing store cleanliness as a top concern and even using it as a decision upon entering. Are you ready to not only help keep your customers and employees safe but to communicate that you’ve chosen a higher standard of cleanliness?
Here is where we can help!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program that goes way beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration, we stand on over 50 years of experience and expertise so you can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
When the stakes are high especially during times like now, you want a partner who has developed an industry-leading and proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. The program is made up of our unique 3 Cs: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
1 – CONSULT
A Tailored Cleaning Program to Meet Your Needs
- We will assign you a Cleaning Protocol Specialist who understands your business.
- Programs are based on a range of factors: type of industry, business type, size of space, amount of high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
2 – CLEAN
Proactive and COVID-19 Emergency Response Cleaning Program
- Trained and experienced in biohazard cleaning and decontamination for porous and non-porous surfaces – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards for your facility set by the CDC.
- EPA-approved products, including our proprietary cleaning agent SERVPROXIDE, a hospital-grade disinfectant that is NSF certified for direct food surface use.
3 – CERTIFY
A Commitment to Clean for Your Employees and Consumers
- Leverage SERVPRO’s trusted brand to reassure your customers and employees that you are taking the steps needed to keep your space at a higher level of clean.
- Communication touchpoints include a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned window emblem, signage, marks for your digital footprint and more
SERVPRO of Biddeford-Saco & The Sebago Lakes Region®
With more than 1,700 franchises nationwide, we’re here to help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities, we all call home. Call us today at (207)-283-4428.
7 Tips for Fall
Fall is here and that means colder weather here in Maine. This season is so extremely gorgeous here in Vacationland however it is also the season for preparation for a lot of home and business owners. We want you to be prepared for the winter season so you can avoid any water or mold damage. Here are a few tips to get your home and/or property ready for the cooler weather.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Once all the leaves have fallen, be sure to clean out your gutters and downspouts or hire a handy helper to assist you! Clogged gutters during rainstorms can cause water to fill up and pool and damage your roof or siding.
- Make exterior repairs. Take a walk outside around your home or property and look for signs of damage to the roof (missing shingles or holes), siding and foundation. If you spot anything that needs repair, schedule it before winter weather hits.
- Check windows and doors. Make sure there are no cracks, leaks or air coming through the window sills or door frames. This is one of the easiest ways to save money on winter energy bills and to keep your home or business warmer!
- Seal gaps where critters could enter. Mice need a tiny little gap to be able to sneak into your home or business and make themselves at home. Fill small holes and cover any larger gaps securely with heavy-duty hardware cloth to keep critters in the wildlife.
- Clean your heating and air conditioning. Having these unit cleaned twice a year – spring & fall, - will help your family stay healthier and expand the lives of your units. A professional cleaning is inexpensive and doesn’t take long!
- Check your fireplace. Do a visual inspection of your fireplace to make sure that it is in good working order. Give it a test run at some point in this season, before it gets too cold to make sure it is ready to go without any problems!
- Check your water heater. Clean your water heater by draining it and allowing all of the water in the tank to come out. This will help prevent water build up during the winter and it will also get rid of any buildup that is in the heater due to sediment.
Fall is the perfect time to get outside and get all of your maintenance and winter preparation projects done before the cold winter months. If an emergency does happen, know we are here for you 24 hours 7 days a week, no matter what time it is or day. Call us SERVPRO of Biddeford – Saco at (207)-282-4428.